Receive timely updates.
Cities supporting 2011 Motorcycle and Scooter Annual ‘Ride To Work Day’
To: All City Mayors, and All Motorcycle and Scooter Riders
Subject: Cities supporting 2011 Motorcycle and Scooter Annual ‘Ride To Work Day’
This year, the 20th annual Motorcycle and Scooter Ride to Work Day is Monday, June 20th. Over a million commuters participate and demonstrate the positive benefits of riding for transportation, which include: reduced traffic and parking congestion, decreased commute times, and lessened fuel consumption.
Many City administrations support this popular event by proclamation, and some also do so by providing motorcycle and scooter parking at municipal ramps and metered spaces at no charge during this day. Your city can join with hundreds of others, and motorcycle and scooter groups, and other organizations already supporting Ride to Work Day.
Reasons to encourage motorcycle and scooter commuting include:
- Motorcycles and scooters share parking spaces, providing more parking for everyone else.
- Motorcycles and scooters consume fewer resources than most other mobility options.
- Motorcycles and scooters reduce traffic congestion and save travel time.
Riders seek both government and employer support for these benefits. Proclamations of support, and providing motorcycle and scooter parking at no charge on Ride to Work Day, are great ways to encourage a beneficial (and enjoyable) form of transportation
- Here is a template for a letter to city Mayors, requesting an official proclamation of support for Ride to Work Day. www.ridetowork.org/files/mayors/2011_mayor_letter.doc
- Here is a template for a support proclamation that any city can use to support riding. www.ridetowork.org/files/mayors/2011_PROCLAMATION_template.doc.
- Here is a list of all 2006 - 2009 supporting cities, and .pdf files of each city’s proclamation.
- If your city officially supports Ride to Work Day by proclamation, contact local media, and also send us a copy of the Proclamation so we can post it on our website. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, can be reached at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt email@example.com
- Andy Goldfine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mission Statement:
- Advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and providing information about everyday riding to the public.
- Some Affiliated Countries:
- Canada, Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle and scooter commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, photos, illustrations and other artwork is available at:
©2011 Ride To Work