Receive timely updates.
Motorcycle and Scooter Annual Ride to Work Day is Monday, June 21st
Media Release: For Immediate Publication
Subject: Ride To Work Day
Motorcycle and Scooter Annual Ride To Work Day is Monday, June 21st
Look for more motorcycles and scooters this year on June twenty-first. The date marks the nineteenth annual worldwide "Ride to Work Day" event. An estimated one million riders become two-wheeled commuters on that day to help demonstrate that riding is an efficient, economical form of personal transportation. Participant-riders are of all ages, occupations and from all walks of life.
"Motorcycles and scooters consume less resources per mile than automobiles, and take up less space in parking areas and on roads. Riders seek employer and community support for this efficient form of transportation, and more government and public awareness about riding's many benefits," states Andy Goldfine, an event organizer. Over 100 American cities recognize Ride to Work Day by proclamation.
According to the Ride to Work non-profit organization, commuting showcases the positive value of motorcycles and scooters for transportation. For hundreds of thousands of workers, motorcycles and scooters are an economical, efficient and socially responsible form of mobility that saves energy, helps the environment and provides a broad range of other public benefits. Motorcycling and scootering clubs around the world encourage their members to ride to work, especially on this annual day.
According to the United States Census Bureau and the Department of Transportation, over eighty million cars and light trucks are used for daily commuting on American roads, and about 200,000 motorcycles and scooters are a regular part of this mix. On Ride to Work Day, the practical side of riding becomes more visible as a large number of America's 8,000,000 cycles are ridden to work.
- Contact Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt email@example.com
- Andy Goldfine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mission Statement:
- Advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and providing information about everyday riding to the public.
- Some Affiliated Countries:
- Canada, Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle and scooter commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, photos, illustrations and other artwork is available at:
©2009 Ride To Work