Receive timely updates.
Next Monday, June 20th, is Ride To Work Day
Media Release: For Immediate Publication
Subject: Next Monday, June 20th, is Ride To Work Day
Email Forwards: Send to all media, all riders, all motorcycle/scooter dealers, etc. Motorcycle and Scooter Ride to Work Day is Monday, June 20th.
Motorcycle and scooter riders' 20th annual commuting day is this coming Monday, June 20th. Participation in the yearly demonstration is estimated to triple the number of riders on the road. Motorcycle and scooter groups and organizations actively encourage riders to commute by cycle on this day. On Ride to Work Day, motorcycle and scooter commuters seek improved employer recognition and support for this form of transportation and increased public and government awareness of the positive value of riding.
Adding more commuting motorcycles and scooters makes urban parking easier and traffic flow better, according to Ride to Work, a non-profit advocacy organization. Studies have also shown that across the same distances, riders reach their destinations faster than those using automobiles. Most motorcycles and scooters also consume less resources per mile than automobiles. "Riding to work on this day is fun and highlights the positive value of motorcycling. For many people, riding is a socially responsible form of mobility that saves energy, helps the environment and provides a broad range of other public benefits," stated Andy Goldfine, this year's event organizer.
The Ride to Work website includes:
- Secure credit card or PayPal purchases of Ride to Work merchandise.
- An interactive forum to discuss Ride to Work issues and events.
- A wholesale program of support merchandise available to dealers and retailers.
- A photo gallery to show your Every Day Ride on the website.
- Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, can be reached at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt email@example.com
- Andy Goldfine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mission Statement:
- Advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and providing information about everyday riding to the public.
- Some Affiliated Countries:
- Canada, Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle and scooter commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, photos, illustrations and other artwork is available at:
©2011 Ride To Work