Receive timely updates.
Ride To Work Day 2008
Press Release: For immediate publication
Subject: Ride To Work Day
Largest Ever Annual Motorcycle and Scooter Ride To Work Day Expected Wednesday, July 16, 2008
This year's 17th Annual Ride To Work Day is just a month away. The recent rise in gas prices have caused many commuters to turn to motorcycles and scooters to save money on transportation, and they are finding them to be an economical, efficient and enjoyable way to get to work and around town. Because of high world-wide gasoline prices, this is expected to be the largest RTW day ever, in terms of numbers of participants.
According to the United States Census Bureau and the Department of Transportation, over eighty million cars and light trucks are used for daily commuting on American roads, and about 200,000 motorcycles and scooters are a regular part of this mix. On Ride To Work Day, the practical side of riding becomes more visible as a larger number of America's 8,000,000 cycles are ridden to work.
Ride to Work Day helps demonstrate how these vehicles make parking easier and help traffic flow better. Studies have shown that across equal distances, commuting motorcyclists reach their destinations in less time than those using automobiles, that motorcycles and scooters consume less resources per mile than automobiles, and that they take up less space on roads. Motorcycle and scooter riders seek improved employer recognition and support for this form of transportation, and more public and government awareness of the positive value of riding.
Changes and improvements to the Ride To Work website this year include new interactive forums on topics ranging from lane sharing to insurance and health care issues. The Ride to Work Day website also now accepts credit cards for all propaganda merchandise orders.
- Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, can be reached at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt email@example.com
- Andy Goldfine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ride to Work Day Mission Statement:
- To advocate and support the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and to provide information about transportation riding to the public.
- Affiliated Ride to Work Day Countries:
- Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- RTW Day Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, illustrations and other artwork is available for view and download at: