Receive timely updates.
Ride To Work Day 2009
Media Release: For immediate use
Subject: Ride To Work Day
Motorcycle and Scooter Annual Ride To Work Day is Monday, June 15
On June fifteenth of this year, the number of motorcycles and scooters on roads and highways will more than double as many riders become two-wheeled commuters to help demonstrate that riding is an efficient, economical form of personal transportation which makes parking easier and helps traffic flow better. This year marks the eighteenth annual worldwide event, which involves riders of all ages occupations, and from all walks of life.
"Motorcycles and scooters consume less resources per mile than automobiles, and they take up less space in parking areas and on roads. Rider's seek employer support for this efficient form of transportation, and more government and public awareness about ridings many benefits," states Andy Goldfine, the program organizer.
Commuting on this day shows the positive value of motorcycles and scooters for transportation. For hundreds of thousands of workers, motorcycles and scooters are an economical, efficient and socially responsible form of mobility that saves energy, helps the environment and provides a broad range of other public benefits. Motorcycling and scootering clubs around the world encourage their members to ride to work on this annual day.
According to the United States Census Bureau and the Department of Transportation, over eighty million cars and light trucks are used for daily commuting on American roads, and about 200,000 motorcycles and scooters are a regular part of this mix. On Ride To Work Day, the practical side of riding becomes more visible as a larger number of Americas 8,000,000 cycles are ridden to work.
- Contact Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Goldfine email@example.com
- Mission Statement:
- Advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and providing information about everyday riding to the public.
- Some Affiliated Countries:
- Canada, Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle and scooter commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, photos, illustrations and other =09artwork is available at:
©2009 Ride To Work