Receive timely updates.
Ride to Work Day 2011
Media Release: For Immediate Publication
Subject: Ride To Work Day
Motorcycle and Scooter Ride To Work Day is Monday, June 20th, 2011
The twentieth annual commuting event is expected to more than double the number of riders on the road, according to Ride to Work, the coordinator of the activity. "Riding on this day showcases the positive value of motorcycles and scooters for transportation. It is an economical, efficient and socially responsible form of mobility that saves energy, helps the environment and provides a broad range of other public benefits," states Andy Goldfine, the event organizer. Motorcycle and scooter enthusiasts and rider organizations worldwide encourage their members to ride to work on this day, and the event has also been recognized by proclamation by over one hundred American cities.
According to the United States Census Bureau and the Department of Transportation, over eighty million cars and light trucks are used for daily commuting on American roads, and about 200,000 motorcycles and scooters are a regular part of this mix. On Ride to Work Day, the practical side of riding becomes more visible as a large number of America’s 8,000,000 cycles are ridden to work.
Studies have shown that across equal distances, commuting motorcyclists reach their destinations in less time than those using automobiles, that motorcycles and scooters consume less resources per mile than automobiles, and that they take up less space on roads. Motorcycle and scooter riders seek improved employer recognition and support for this form of transportation, and more public and government awareness of the positive value of riding.
- Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, can be reached at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt email@example.com
- Andy Goldfine firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mission Statement:
- Advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and providing information about everyday riding to the public.
- Some Affiliated Countries:
- Canada, Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle and scooter commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, photos, illustrations and other artwork is available at:
©2011 Ride To Work