Receive timely updates.
Wednesday is Ride To Work Day
Press Release: For Immediate Release
Subject: Wednesday is Ride To Work Day
Email Forwards: Send to all media, all riders, all motorcycle/scooter dealers, etc. Motorcycle and Scooter Ride to Work Day is this Wednesday
Motorcycle and scooter riders' 17th annual commuting day is Wednesday, July 16th. Participation in the yearly demonstration is estimated to triple the number of riders on the road. Motorcycle and scooter groups and organizations actively encourage riders to commute by cycle on this day. On Ride to Work Day, motorcycle and scooter commuters seek improved employer recognition and support for this form of transportation and increased public and government awareness of the positive value of riding.
Adding more motorcycles and scooters to everyone's daily commute makes urban parking easier and traffic flow better, according to Ride to Work, a non-profit advocacy organization. Studies have also shown that across the same distances, motorcyclists reach their destinations faster than those using automobiles. Many motorcycles and scooters also consume less resources per mile than automobiles. "Riding to work on this day is fun and shows the positive value of motorcycling. For many people, riding is a socially responsible form of mobility that saves energy, helps the environment and provides a broad range of other public benefits," stated Andy Goldfine, this year's event organizer.The Ride To Work website has been expanded with new features that include:
- Secure credit card or PayPal purchases of Ride To Work merchandise.
- A new forum to discuss Ride To Work issues and events.
- A wholesale program available to dealers and retailers for reduced prices on larger purchases.
- Show off your Every Day Ride on the website.
- Ride to Work Day, a 501 c4 nonprofit organization, can be reached at:
- POB 1072, Proctor, Minnesota, 55810 USA
- 218 722 9806
- Christine Holt firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andy Goldfine email@example.com
- Ride to Work Day Mission Statement:
- To advocate and support the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and to provide information about transportation riding to the public.
- Affiliated Ride to Work Day Countries:
- Germany, Philippines, England, Germany, France, Israel, Turkey, Ecuador, United States, and many others.
- Sample issues of 'The Daily Rider' newsletter are available for download at:
- A brief history of Ride to Work Day is available for viewing at:
- Fact Sheet:
- A transportation motorcycling fact sheet is available at:
- RTW Day Photos and Artwork:
- Motorcycle commuting photos, ads, posters, banners, illustrations and other artwork is available for view and download at: